For Week Ending May 6, 2017
As we get closer to summer, more houses are put up for sale, as tends to happen around this time each year. Yet it’s not as many homes for sale as 2016, and last year did not have as much available to buy as in 2015. The downward trend continues, which can have an affect on total sales. Homes listed when move-in ready and priced well are being snapped up quickly. In fact, despite lower inventory, many REALTORS® report that they are busier than last year and closing plenty of sales.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending May 6:
- New Listings increased 5.7% to 2,341
- Pending Sales decreased 4.4% to 1,507
- Inventory decreased 18.9% to 11,012
For the month of April:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.5% to $246,000
- Days on Market decreased 20.5% to 58
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.2% to 99.2%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 21.4% to 2.2
All comparisons are to 2016
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.