For Week Ending July 8, 2017
From a heart-of-summer perspective, the residential real estate market has performed as expected when predictions were made at the front of the year. Buyer interest is high and inventory is not at a proper level to meet demand. Total sales and new listings are generally behind last year’s levels from week to week, but there is evidence of improvement in both metrics.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending July 8:
- New Listings decreased 16.9% to 1,371
- Pending Sales decreased 4.7% to 1,061
- Inventory decreased 16.7% to 12,351
For the month of June:
- Median Sales Price increased 7.0% to $259,000
- Days on Market decreased 16.1% to 47
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.8% to 99.5%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 16.7% to 2.5
All comparisons are to 2016
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.