For Week Ending August 19, 2017
With each passing August day, fewer households with school-aged children are willing to embark upon a big move for fear of unsettling kids from the important routines that lay the groundwork for a good education. But savvy sellers and buyers know that there are good deals to be made in August and well into the school months, as household formations take on many shapes and sizes.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending August 19:
- New Listings increased 3.0% to 1,618
- Pending Sales decreased 3.8% to 1,244
- Inventory decreased 16.2% to 12,733
For the month of July:
- Median Sales Price increased 5.9% to $254,000
- Days on Market decreased 16.7% to 45
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.8% to 99.2%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 19.4% to 2.5
All comparisons are to 2016
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.