For Week Ending March 3, 2018
We are still not seeing a big surge in new listings or sales as we make our way into the springtime months. Housing activity around the country is generally lagging compared to last year at this time. Lower affordability due to higher mortgage rates and increasing prices could be the culprit for a slower start in 2018. It could also be that some locales have had unseasonably cold weather, holding some people back from listing or buying. Let’s look at how the local market is doing.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending March 3:
- New Listings decreased 11.1% to 1,569
- Pending Sales decreased 19.5% to 1,004
- Inventory decreased 21.9% to 7,757
For the month of January:
- Median Sales Price increased 9.7% to $244,000
- Days on Market decreased 13.8% to 69
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.0% to 96.9%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 22.2% to 1.4
All comparisons are to 2017
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.