For Week Ending January 5, 2019
The turn of a calendar year often creates a desire to resolve to do something different. Weight loss through a combination of regular exercise and healthy eating is often at the top of the list, followed by learning a new skill, quitting smoking, reading more, spending more time with loved ones, getting more organized, traveling and saving money. Annual evidence indicates that a bump in listing and buying activity also occurs each January, which appears to be the case again in 2019 for much of the country.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 5:
- New Listings decreased 4.9% to 809
- Pending Sales increased 0.7% to 553
- Inventory increased 6.0% to 8,209
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 8.2% to $265,000
- Days on Market decreased 7.1% to 52
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.1% to 97.3%
- Months Supply of Inventory increased 10.5% to 2.1
All comparisons are to 2018
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.