For Week Ending January 12, 2019
The unemployment rate rose by 0.2 percent to finish December 2018 at 3.9 percent. Although the rate went up from the month prior, it was down by 1.2 percent compared to the same month last year. As the nation continues to wrestle with a partial government shutdown that has some people worried about the economy at large, it is important to note that the employment situation at large remains in a relatively strong position.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 12:
- New Listings increased 14.9% to 1,026
- Pending Sales increased 6.9% to 650
- Inventory increased 2.8% to 7,969
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 4.0% to $258,000
- Days on Market decreased 6.6% to 57
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.2% to 96.9%
- Months Supply of Inventory increased 13.3% to 1.7
All comparisons are to 2018
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.