For Week Ending June 13, 2020
New unemployment insurance weekly claims declined again this week, coming in at a little over 1.5 million claims. This is down substantially from more than 6 million claims posted per week in late March and early April but still higher than pre-COVID- 19 levels. Nearly 21 million Americans remain unemployed, up from just 1.7 million a year ago. As businesses continue to reopen, new unemployment claims and total unemployed is expected to decline in the coming weeks.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending June 13:
- New Listings decreased 22.0% to 1,648
- Pending Sales decreased 8.5% to 1,414
- Inventory decreased 20.7% to 9,901
For the month of May:
- Median Sales Price increased 3.3% to $294,375
- Days on Market decreased 8.9% to 41
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.4% to 99.6%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 16.0% to 2.1
All comparisons are to 2019
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.