A strong housing market isn’t just a local activity, and two recently released reports provide us with insights to the strength of residential real estate nationally. The S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller National Home Price NSA Index rose 9.49% in December 2020 from its December 2019 level. Meanwhile, the National Association of REALTORS® existing home sales report found the median price of existing home sales nationwide rose to $309,800 in December 2020, up 12.9% from the year before.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 30:
- New Listings decreased 2.8% to 976
- Pending Sales decreased 1.8% to 923
- Inventory decreased 40.3% to 4,992
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 10.0% to $307,000
- Days on Market decreased 30.4% to 39
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 2.5% to 99.7%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 41.2% to 1.0
All comparisons are to 2020
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.