For Week Ending February 20, 2016
The U.S. dollar is increasing in strength, and along with it, home sales from both domestic and foreign buyers. While homes currently on the market are performing well, housing starts have seen a slight drop since entering 2016.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending February 20:
- New Listings increased 5.0% to 1,428
- Pending Sales decreased 4.0% to 920
- Inventory decreased 19.4% to 10,774
For the month of January:
- Median Sales Price increased 10.3% to $215,000
- Days on Market decreased 15.8% to 85
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.5% to 95.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 29.0% to 2.2
All comparisons are to 2015
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.