For Week Ending July 25, 2015
According to the U.S. Census, homeownership is at 63.4 percent for the second quarter of 2015, down 1.3 percent from the second quarter of 2014. This is the lowest rate of homeownership since 1967. To put that in greater context, homeownership peaked at 69.2 percent in 2004, and the 50-year average is 65.3 percent. Although the data may be indicating otherwise on a macro level, mortgage applications have kept REALTORS® busy through summer.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending July 25:
- New Listings increased 1.2% to 1,804
- Pending Sales increased 21.3% to 1,362
- Inventory decreased 9.8% to 17,125
For the month of June:
- Median Sales Price increased 4.7% to $229,900
- Days on Market decreased 5.7% to 66
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.5% to 97.7%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 15.9% to 3.7
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.