For Week Ending September 5, 2015
Year-over-year home value percentages have continued to rise across the nation. Millennials have been pinpointed as the driver of the price increases, as this age group continues to show a willingness to ditch high rental costs while taking a step toward a commitment to homeownership at prices that may surpass last year at this time.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending September 5:
- New Listings decreased 12.7% to 1,443
- Pending Sales increased 31.9% to 1,167
- Inventory decreased 12.6% to 16,537
For the month of August:
- Median Sales Price increased 2.7% to $224,900
- Days on Market decreased 5.9% to 64
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.8% to 97.1%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 21.7% to 3.6
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.