For Week Ending October 17, 2015
Jobless claims have dropped once again, matching levels not seen since 1973. Housing sales have continued to perform well, which should not be a surprise to those active in the real estate industry. Good economic environments foster healthy housing, and persistent health should lead to a Federal Reserve rate hike before the year is over.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending October 17:
- New Listings decreased 0.2% to 1,301
- Pending Sales increased 9.8% to 1,001
- Inventory decreased 15.3% to 15,895
For the month of September:
- Median Sales Price increased 8.3% to $222,000
- Days on Market decreased 8.5% to 65
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.0% to 96.6%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 26.1% to 3.4
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.