Amidst frantic shopping for all the things between turkey and toys, the economy has made a surprising statement, offering big gains over the last six months not seen since mid-2003. As we head into the final stretch of the fourth quarter, mortgage rates remain fairly stable, with the 30-year fixed rate mortgage still hovering below 4 percent.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending November 22:
- New Listings decreased 3.5% to 862
- Pending Sales decreased 2.7% to 802
- Inventory increased 1.6% to 16,122
For the month of October:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.7% to $208,000
- Days on Market decreased 4.0% to 72
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.6% to 95.2%
- Months Supply of Inventory increased 13.5% to 4.2
All comparisons are to 2013
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.