For several weeks, markets across the country have seen consistent gains in sales, prices and percent of list price received at sale. Things like steadily low rates, less lender-mediated inventory and increased consumer confidence are all helping this reality. Each and every week reveals signs of a recovered market that are going from temporary yard sign to permanent road sign. Here’s to hoping for prosperous signs on the road ahead.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending September 14:
- New Listings increased 19.5% to 1,625
- Pending Sales increased 8.3% to 1,006
- Inventory decreased 8.0% to 16,095
For the month of August:
- Median Sales Price increased 16.9% to $207,900
- Days on Market decreased 34.0% to 70
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 2.0% to 97.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 18.2% to 3.6
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.From The Skinny.