For Week Ending May 23, 2015
The pattern has continued mostly unabated for the first part of the year thus far. In year-over-year comparisons, new listings have been up, sales have been up and inventory has been down. This was expected when the year began, and it has been a comfort to see this level of predictability. When something as important as a home purchase feels like a safe bet, the economy can continue to improve and prosperity is palpable.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending May 23:
- New Listings increased 0.7% to 1,881
- Pending Sales increased 18.6% to 1,500
- Inventory decreased 4.0% to 16,078
For the month of April:
- Median Sales Price increased 9.7% to $215,000
- Days on Market decreased 4.5% to 85
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.1% to 97.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 2.8% to 3.5
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.